AWI HSE Vision
AWI’s leadership in HSE is based on our commitment to the belief that all construction activities can be performed safely.
AWI HSE Motto
“Do it Safely, or don’t do it”
- AWI is committed to provide a safe and healthy work environment at all times. AWI Management strives to achieve this goal by placing International HSE standards & procedures and Incident Prevention & Protection of the health and safety of our own employees, the employees of our subcontractors, the visitors and of the local communities as one of the core values of AWI.
- AWI is committed to protect and sustain the project environment through the implementation of various environmental plans, procedures, monitoring tools and awareness promotion.
- AWI will not compromise its values, beliefs and commitments to HSE in order to achieve any other business objectives.
- AWI is also committed to seeking national and international partnerships, aimed at promoting safety culture, sustainable development and corporate social accountability.
HSE Management System Implementation
AWI Senior Management take a leading role in the promotion and implementation of its Health, Safety and Environmental Management System. AWI will strictly comply with all applicable Local Laws & Regulations and Internationally accepted best work practices and procedures for the protection and promotion of Health and Safety and the protection of Environment.
AWI employees at all levels will strictly adhere to all Project Health, Safety and Environment standards and job work rules and procedures and must work continuously and diligently to execute this policy by maintaining the highest standards of occupational Health, Safety and Environmental management to prevent human suffering, loss, and environmental damage which may result from unsafe acts and conditions. AWI enforces “HSE Disciplinary Procedure” and a “Zero Tolerance Policy” for HSE violations.
AWI shall attain these goals by:
- Protecting and striving for improvement of the health, safety and security of our people at all times
- Setting HSE performance objectives, measuring results, assessing and continually improving processes, through the use of an effective management system
- Developing, distributing, maintaining and monitoring the implementation of an HSE Management System that is compliant with Internationally recognized standards and practices
- Conducting HSE Trainings and developing the skills and competence level of all personnel
- Assigning qualified HSE Personnel and providing the adequate resources
- Communicating openly with stakeholders and ensuring an understanding of our Safety, Health and Environmental policies, standards, programs and performance
- Rewarding outstanding HSE performance
- Continually improve our performance on issues relevant to all of our stakeholders on which we can have an impact, and share with them our knowledge of successful Safety, Health and Environmental programs and initiatives.
- Seeking partnerships and sharing experiences and lesson learned with our Clients and Partners
AWI will perform rigorous and frequent Internal and Third-Party Audits to ensure the implementation of HSE Management system on all of the AWI work locations in line with this policy.
HSE Targets and Objectives
AWI will continuously strive for the improvement of its HSE Management System and Performance by ensuring to meet the set HSE targets and objectives. AWI targets and objectives are set by Executive Management and they are disseminated to all personnel and work locations of AWI.